In order to rebuild a region, we have to create a strong industry in the region.
The region can’t sustain its prosperity without industry - or more specifically, employment.
But why do those regional areas need to be energetic?
If you are a taxpayer in a city, you might feel this basic question.
There’s only one reason.
It’s to prevent opportunities for innovation to dry up that are brought in by diversity.
Japan’s precious diversity will disappear, if regions are lost.
As a result, the country will homogenize, and in medium to long term, the country will lose its national power.
You also should remember that there are wonderful aspects of region that cannot be told through economic rationality.
GRA Inc.’s mission is to bring regional societies a sustainable prosperity by making agriculture the strong industry.
What We Do
Production, marketing and export of agricultural products, research and development of agricultural technologies, development of district brands, development of processed products, development of harvesting management system, development of oversea productions
Agricultural Production Corporation GRA Inc.
Sakuratsutsumi-47, Yamadera, Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi, Japan
July 1st, 2011
January 17th, 2012
- Yamamoto Research Facility for the MAFF scheme (GRA Yamadera Farm)
Sakuratsutsumi-48, Yamadera, Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi
- GRA Sakuratsutsumi Farm
Sakuratsutsumi-49, Yamadera, Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi
- GRA Inami Farm
Inami-16, Yamadera, Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi
- Maharashtra, India Base
S.No.405, Mumbai-Pune Road, Behind ABC Petrol Pump, Talegaon Dabhade, Taluka-Maval, District - Pune, India
● NPO GRA / Non Profit Organization NPO GRA is a non-profit organization, which aims at creation of new value rather than just a recovery, through generation of regional industries and educational supports for next generation using cutting-edge agriculture. Website
Executives and Members of Executive Board
Iwasa was born in Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi in 1977. He started an IT start-up company at the age of 24, and founded GRA group after the Tohoku earthquake. Iwasa works as a CEO of five different companies, and specializes in IT service managements.
Executive Vice President/Adviser
Hashimoto has been a strawberry farmer for over 35 years, and was born in Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi. He lost his entire strawberry farms and his residence by the Tohoku earthquake. He joined GRA right after the disaster in order to revive Yamamoto-cho as the producing center of strawberries. Hashimoto is responsible for directing farming at GRA.
Executive Vice President/Sales Chief
Hashimoto was born in Yamamoto-cho, Watari-gun, Miyagi in 1977. He has been working with social welfare projects at Yamamoto-cho Social Welfare Conference for more than 10 years. He joined GRA after the Tohoku earthquake, and is responsible for farming operation.
Administration Management Chief
Ueda joined GRA after working for a foreign capital group in IT field for 15 years. In GRA, he is the supervisor for management divisions such as general affairs, accounting and human resources.
Production Management Chief
Shibata has been working in departments such as sales for 15 years in Nagano, but has also experienced agriculture like rice farming. He joined GRA in 2012, and now he is the Manufacturing Control Manager for the entire GRA.
GRA Agri-Platform Chief
Fukushima is the director of NPO GRA, and holds MBA. He was first involved with NPO GRA when volunteering for the Tohoku earthquake. Fukushima officially joined GRA (agricultural production corporation) in 2014, and has been searching for new farmers/businesses and has been supporting them entering the farming market. Fukushima is also the leader of NPO GRA’s educational project.
Overseas Projects Chief
Watanabe is responsible for all of the GRA group’s strategies for overseas project and operations.
NPO GRA Director
MIGAKI-ICHIGO Brand Chief
Baba is in charge of GRA’s creative aspects and brand marketing, especially MIGAKI-ICHIGO.
Certified Public Accountant, Licensed Tax Accountant
Representative of the Office of Fumihiko Motomura
Motomura is in charge of back office works including financial affairs, accounting, labor, and taxation businesses at GRA.
Representative of the Osamu Saikawa Law Office
Saikawa is responsible for legal affairs such as the Agricultural Land Act and Seeds and Seedings Law at GRA.
- 3.11 Tohoku Earthquake
- "GRA Tour" for the disaster-stricken areas started
- Supports for reviving strawberry farming in Yamamoto-cho started
- Construction of the first strawberry greenhouse in Ushibashi district, Yamamoto-cho (GRA Ushibashi Farm) was launched
- Establishment of Agricultural Production Corporation, GRA Inc.
- Project in India was launched
- Yamamoto Research Facility for A Scheme to Revitalize Agriculture and Fisheries in Disaster Area through Deploying Advanced Technology by MAFF (GRA Yamadera Farm) was constructed
- GRA Inami Farm for the MAFF scheme was constructed
- EEC Farm in Maharashtra, India was constructed
- Announcement of "MIGAKI-ICHIGO" brand
- GRA Sakuratsutsumi Farm for the MAFF scheme was constructed
- Research project in the Middle East was launched
- "MIGAKI-ICHIGO Mousseux" (sparkling wine) was introduced
- MIGAKI-ICHIGO sales in Hong Kong started
- Joint research project with Industrial Technology Research Institute in Taiwan was launched
- Second EEC Farm in Maharashtra, India was constructed
- MIGAKI-ICHIGO Mousseux was introduced in Hong Kong
- "MIGAKI-ICHIGO Canette" (canned sparkling wine) was introduced
These are the action guidelines that summarize the values we treasure.
Access to GRA Inc.:
By Public Transportation
Take the National Route 6 from Yamamoto Inter Change, Joban Expressway in Sōma direction, and then turn left at the signal in front of Yamashita Elementary School.
E-mail us to the address below about any inquiries with your name and your contact information.